1. Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB), "Malaysian Palm Oil Statistics", Economics and Industry Development Division: MPOB, Kuala Lumpur, (2004).
2. Najafpour, G. D., Zinatizadeh, A. A. L., Mohamed, A. R., Isa, M. H. and Nasrollahzadeh, H., "High-rate anaerobic digestion of palm oil mill effluent in an upflow sludge-fixed film bioreactor", Process Biochemistry, Article in press, (2005).
3. Malaysia palm oil Production Council (MPOPC) Home page., http://www.mpopc.org.my.
4. Perez, M., Romero, L. I. and Sales, D., "Organic Matter degradation kinetics in an anaerobic thermophilic fluidized bed bioreactor", Anaerobe, (2001), 25-35.
5. Chin, K. K. Lee, S. W. and Mohammad, H. H., "A Study of Palm Oil Mill effluent treatment using a pond system", Water Science and Technology, (1996), 119-123.
6. Ng, W. J. Goh, A. C. C. and Tay, J. H., "Palm oil mill effluent (POME) treatment–an assessment of coagulants used to aid liquid solid separation", Biological Wastes, (1987), 237-248.
7. Yacob, S. Hassan, M. A., Shirai, Y. Wakisaka, M. and Subash S., "Baseline study of methane emission from open digesting tanks of palm oil mill effluent treatment", Chemosphere, (2005), 1575-1581.
8. Droste, R. L., "Theory and practice of water and wastewater treatment", John Wiley and Sons, New York, (1997).
9. Setiadi, T. Husaini and Djajadiningrat, A., "Palm oil mill effluent treatment by anaerobic baffled reactors: recycle effects and biokinetic parameters", Water Science Technology, (1996), 59-66.
10. Borja, R. and Banks, C., "Anaerobic digestion of Palm Oil Mill Effluent using an Up-flow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB) Reactor", Biomass and Bioenergy, (1994), 381-389.
11. Borja, R. Banks, C. J. and Sanchez, E., "Anaerobic treatment of Palm Oil Mill Effluent in a Two-stage Up-flow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB)", System Biotechnology, (1996), 125-135.
12. Fakhrul-Razi, A. and Noor, M. J. M. M., "Treatment of palm oil mill effluent (POME) with the membrane anaerobic system (MAS)", Water Science Technology, (1999), 159-163.
13. Metcalf and Eddy , "Wastewater Engineering", 4th Ed., McGraw Hill, New York, (2003).
14. Torkian, A, Eqbali A., Hashemian S. J., "The effect of organic loading rate on the performance of UASB reactor treating slaughterhouse effluent", Resource, Conversation and Recycling, (2003), 1-11.
15. Borja R., Banks C. J., Khalfaoui B. and Martin A., "Performance Evaluation of an anaerobic hybrid digester treating palm oil mill effluent", Journal Environment Science Health-A31, (1996), 1379-1393.
16. Ahmad, A. L. Ismail, S. and Bhatia S., "Optimization of coagulation–flocculation process for palm oil mill effluent using response surface methodology", Environment Science & Technology, (2005), 2828-2834.
17. Ng, W. J., Goh, A. C. C. and Tay, J. H., "Palm oil mill effluent treatment- an assessment of coagulants used to aid liquid-solid separation", Biological Wastes, (1987), 237-248.
18. Ahmad, A. L. Ibrahim, N. Ismail, S. and Bhatia, S., " Coagulation - sedimentation - extraction pretreatment method for the removal of suspended solids and residual oil from palm oil mill effluent (POME)", IIUM Engineering journal, (2002), 23-31.
19. Ng, W. J., Goh, A. C. C. and Tay, J. H., "Palm oil mill effluent treatment-liquid-soild separation with dissolved air flotation", Biological Wastes, (1988), 257-268.
20. Mahabot S. and Harun, A. R., "Effluent treatment system for FELDA’s palm oil mill", Bahagian Khidmat Teknik, Perbadanan kilang Felda, Kuala Lumpur, (1990).
21. Ahmad, A. L. Ismail, S. and Bhatia, S., "Water recycling from palm oil mill effluent (POME) using membrane technology", Journal of Desalination, (2003), 87-95.
22. Suwandi, M. S., "Retention characteristics of polyamide and polysulfone memberanes in relation to palm oil mill effluent", Sains Malays, (1981), 147-160.
23. Ma, A. N., "Environmental management for the palm oil industry", Palm Oil Development, (2000), 1-10.
24. American Public Health Association (APHA), "Standard methods for the examination of water and wastewater", 20th edition, APHA, Washington DC, (1999).
25. Rittmann, B. E. and MacCarty, P. L. Environmental biotechnology: principles and applications, McGraw-Hill, New York, (2001).
26. Nadais, H., Capela, I., Arroja, L. and Duarte, A.,"Effect of organic hydraulic and fat shock on the performance of UASB reactor with intermittent operation", In:Proc. VI ofleina e Seminario Latino-Americano de digestao Anaerobia, Recife,Pernambuco, Brazil, (2000), 75-82.
27. Beyenal, H. and Lewandowski, Z., "Combined effect of substrate concentration and flow velocity on effective diffusivity in biofilms", Water Research, (1999), 528-538.
28. Mahmoud, N., Zeeman, G., Gijzen, H. and Lettinga, G.,"Solid removal in upflow anaerobic reactors, a review", Bioresource Technology, (2003), 901-9.
29. Hang, S. S. and Byeong, C. P., "Improved performance of upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) reactors by operating alternatives", Biotechnology Letter, (1990), 469-474.