1. World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED), “Our Common Future”, Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1987).
2. Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), “OECD Proceedings of the Vancouver Conference: Towards Sustainable Transportation”, OECD, Paris, (1996).
3. Department of International Development (DFID), “Review of Road Safety in Urban Areas”, DFID, London, (2000).
4. Transport Research Laboratory (TRL), “Estimating global road fatalities”, TRL Report 445, London, (2000).
5. World Health Organization (WHO), “World Report on Road Traffic Prevention”, WHO, Geneva, (2004).
6. Ayati, E., and Young, W., “Estimation of the cost of rural road crashes in a developing country”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Vol. 43, No. 2, (2002), 56-60.
7. Ayati, E., and Young, W., “The cost effectiveness and rate of return of investment in traffic safety projects in a developing country”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Vol. 43, No. 8, (2002), 307-315.
8. Koptis, E., and Cropper, M., “Traffic fatalities and economic growth”, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 3035, Washington D.C., (2003).
9. Vaziri, M., “Application of multi-criteria analysis in road safety evaluation and enhancement”, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Traffic Accident, University of Tehran, (2005), 80-87.
10. Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), “OECD in Figures: Statistics on the Member Countries”, OECD, Paris, (2002).
11. United Nations (UN), “Statistical Yearbook, 46th Edition”, United Nations, New York, (2001).
12. United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), “Asia Pacific Road Accident Statistics and Road Safety Inventory”, United Nations, Bangkok, (1997).
13. World Bank, “The World Development Indicators”, World Bank, Washington D.C., (2002).
14. Asia Pacific Road Accident Database (APRAD), “Asia Pacific Road Accident Database”, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP), United Nations, Bangkok, Web: www.unescap.org/ttdw/data/aprad.aspx, (2007).
15. Smeed, R. J., “Variation in the pattern of accident rate in different countries and their causes”, Traffic Engineering and Control, Vol. 10, No. 7, (1968), 364-371.
16. Munda, G., “Multi-criteria Evaluation in a Fuzzy Environment: Theory and Applications in Ecological Economics”, Physica Verlag, Amsterdam, (1995).
17. Nijkamp, P., Rietveld, P., and Voogd, H., “Multi-criteria Evaluation in Physical Planning”, North Holland, (1990).
18. Rasafi, A., and Vaziri, M., “Comparative assessment of transportation sustainability for East Asian countries: application of partial order theory”, Proceedings of the TRB 84th Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., (2005).
19. Charnes, A., Cooper, W., Lewin, A. and Seiford, L., “Data Envelopment Analysis: Theory, Methodology, and Applications”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, (1994).
20. Mahlberg B., and Obersteiner, M., “Remeasuring the HDI by data envelopment analysis”, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, Report No. IR-01-069, Laxenburg, Austria, (2001).
21. Rasafi, A., and Vaziri, M., “Assessment of modal transportation sustainability: application of data envelopment and concordance analyses”, Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 31, No. B3, (2007), 103-117.
22. Martic, M., and Savic, G., “An application of DEA for comparative analysis and ranking of regions in Serbia with regards to social-economic development”, European Journal of Operation Research, Vol. 132, (2001), 343-356.
23. Kanafani, A., “Transportation Demand Analysis”, McGraw-Hill Book Co., London, (1983).
24. Moffatt, I., Hanley, N., and Wilson, M. D., “Measuring and Modeling Sustainable Development”, Parthenon Publishing Group, London, (2001).
25. United Nations (UN), “Reports on the aggregation of sustainable development”, 9th Session of the Commission on Sustainable Development Background Paper, Division for Sustainable Development, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations, New York, (2000).
26. Vaziri, M., and Rassafi, A. A., “An appraisal of road transport sustainable Development in the Asian and Pacific Region”, In Technical Papers, International Seminar on Sustainable Development on Road Transport, New Delhi, India, (2001), III39-III46.
27. Vaziri, M., and Rassafi, A. A., “Globalization and Sustainable Development: European Experience”, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Global Business and Economic Development, Bangkok, Thailand, (2003), 36-42.